REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST SELECTION OF AN
EXPERT TO SUPPORT THE ESTABLISHMENT OF JSC “UZBEKISTAN NATIONAL POWER NETWORKS” (TRANSMISSION COMPANY)
1. The Republic of Uzbekistan has received the World Bank credit and loan in the amount of USD 150 million toward the cost of the project MODERNIZATION AND UPGRADE OF TRANSMISSION SUBSTATIONS PROJECT (MUTSP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for the selection of consultant “expert to support the establishment of JSC “Uzbekistan National Power Networks” (transmission company)”.
2. JSC “Uzbekistan National Power Networks” is now inviting interested and qualified Individual Experts to submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) and detailed CVs for the position described below.
Following the recent unbundling of JSC Uzbekenergo, a vertically-integrated electric utility, into three companies (generation, transmission and distribution), the Government of Uzbekistan is seeking an international expert to support the establishment of JSC “Uzbekistan National Power Networks” (transmission company). The expert to be recruited will be assigned the position of an independent member of the executive/management board. The expert shall help effectively establish and operationalize the transmission company including setting its business and overall strategic directions and strengthening its transmission planning, financial and accounting management, system operations and modernization, and single buyer capacities.
3. Only eligible Individual Experts fulfilling the qualification criteria described below and not having conflict of interests (COI) are considered for this assignment. Eligibility, COI and individual consultant selection procedures are established by the “Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers,” dated January 2011, revised July 2014.
4. Your EOI should clearly indicate the position being applied for in English and accompanied by copies of your detailed CV and supporting documents, if any.
5. Qualification and experience required for the proposed task:
Qualifications and skills:
• more than 10 years of experience in management of transmission companies and/or system operators;
• university degree in an energy-related discipline (e.g. electrical engineering, energy economics, or energy finance, business and administration);
• fluency in spoken and written English;
• professional working proficiency in Russian would be an asset and preferred;
• international professional certificates in related areas would be an advantage; and
• strong recommendation letter(s) from experienced energy experts would be an advantage.
General professional experience:
• excellent management, team coordination, and communication skills;
• skilled in reporting and organizing training;
• able to establish a rapport and good working relations with the clients.
Specific professional experience:
• experience in a range of issues related to management and organization of a transmission operation;
• knowledge of institutional, organizational, financial, administrative, and regulatory factors as they may affect the performance of a commercially viable transmission enterprise.
6. EOIs’ submission deadline is July 15, 2019 (6 p.m. Tashkent, Uzbekistan, Local time).
7. Electronic submissions are acceptable and should be made to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, the EOIs in hard copy, including clearly marked position for which it is being applied, should be submitted to the following address not later than the above deadline:
Chairperson –Isakulov D.
JSC “Uzbekistan National Power Networks”, Chairman of Procurement Committee
6, Istiklol Street, 100000, Tashkent city, Republic of Uzbekistan.
8. Additional requests for information and clarifications can be made from:
The procuring entity: JSC “Uzbekistan National Power Networks”
Contact person: Irgashev Uygun
Telephone: +998 (71) 208 55 92